Imperium 12V Lithium Batteries
Imperium lithium batteries are lithium-iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries. LiFePO4 is the safest and best performing of all the lithium-ion battery types. Besides safety, LiFePO4 technology batteries are characterized by:
- Minimal weight
- Small dimensions
- Low internal resistance
- High efficiency
- Excellent cycle performance
- Large permitted temperature range
- Almost constant voltage throughout the entire discharge cycle
- It is possible to use 100% of the capacity before the battery is empty and switches itself off. This is in contrast to AGM lead-acid batteries where usually 50 – 60% of the capacity can be used before the battery needs to be recharged.
A big advantage of LiFePO4 batteries compared to AGM lead-acid batteries is that the LiFePO4 battery does not need to be fully charged, whereas an AGM lead-acid battery will fail due to sulphating if it is not fully charged for a long period of time. Check the below table to see a direct performance comparison between the IMP001 105Ah battery and a 100Ah AGM battery:
Check the below table to see a direct performance comparison between the IMP001 105Ah battery and a 100Ah AGM battery:
Imperium Lithium Batteries are equipped with Bluetooth technology that allows both monitoring and operation (switching it on and off) of the battery and via the Imperium App.
The Imperium app is available for both Android and Apple via the App Store.
Battery Management System
An essential part of the Imperium LiFePO4 battery is its Battery Management System (BMS). The BMS monitors the internal cells that make up the battery for the following risks:
- Too deep discharge – A LiFePO4 cell will fail if the voltage is less than 2.5V. The BMS disconnects the battery before the cell voltage reaches this point.
- Overvoltage – If the cell voltage exceeds 3.65V during charging, the BMS will stop the higher voltage. The BMS stops the charging process before the cell voltage becomes too high.
- Too high temperature – The BMS will turn off the battery if the system temperature becomes too high.
- Too low temperature – The BMS prevents the battery from being charged at temperatures below -10°C.
- Short circuit – The BMS switches the battery off if the terminals are shorted.
- Imperium batteries have a cell balancing function built into the BMS. Because the cells are never 100% identical, this system ensures that the cells remain balanced and that no major differences in cell voltages can arise due to the discharge and charging.
Imperium batteries are safer, lighter and have up to 7 times longer life than a single AGM battery.
An onboard battery management system (BSM) means that battery health can be easlily monitored and maintained by BT connectivity or via the app.
Imperium lithium batteries are up to 40% lighter than AGM batteries. Lighter loads are always preferable.
An Imperium battery’s lifetime capacity is 141,000Ah vs 20,000 Ah of a standard 100Ah AGM. Hence it outperforms an AGM by a factor of 8.8.
Imperium lithium batteries can be discharged safely up to 80% while still operating at 100% capacity without impacting battery life.
Each battery has a 2 year warranty.